Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Student Inventory...

On the first day of school I asked my students to fill out a Student Inventory sheet. This was basically a way for me to get to know my students a little better. Some of the statements/questions were:
  • One word that I would use to describe the person I am is...
  • My favorite subject in school is...
  • If I could speak any language, I would choose...
  • When I get home from school, here are the things you would find me doing:
  • How would you choose to teach a lesson in this class: by video, by notes, by a creative project, etc.?
  • What do you feel the Lord would have you do when you graduate from high school?
Some of the answers surprised me. As to the question about the language they would choose to learn, the responses ranged from Mandarin Chinese, to Italian, to Arabic...and my absolute favorite: an Australian accent.

As to how they would describe themselves, these responses started with helpful, to happy, to nerdy, neat, and even ok.

I wasn't really surprised as to the answers given to How would you choose to teach a class. Everyone seemed in agreement on this: by video!!

But my absolute favorite fill-in the blank was this: One thing I've always wondered is... Here are few of the responses:
  • Who named numbers? (Me. too!)
  • Is college hard? (Hmmm.....)
  • Is the chicken at McDonald's real or not? (Do we really want to know?)
  • How do great authors come up with such good ideas to put into books? (I know, right? I often think: Who comes up with this stuff?)
  • What will my future be like? (The choices you make today will begin to shape who you will be tomorrow.)
  • What does a unicorn look like? (I have no response.)
  • What does it feel like to be in space? (I think that would be pretty awesome!)
You all are a great group of students to teach and I feel so honored to be your teacher!!

1 comment:

  1. Ace4sure is a Premium Supplier of Real Exam Questions and Certification Exam Dumps. Ace4sure.com is the ultimate choice for IT students to pass their final exams in a quick time. https://www.ace4sure.com/C_S4CWM_2011-questions.html

    ReplyDelete