Thursday, October 22, 2015

Trying New Things...

I had meant to post several pictures about current projects we're working on and wonderful things we've been doing these last few weeks. But due to sickness in my family I am currently in catch-up mode. Thank you for your patience as I work through all the pictures I've taken these last few weeks but have yet to post. Stay tuned for more posts!

This first "catch-up" post sends a shout-out to Clint for bringing the Ukranian dish, Borscht, in for us to try.
The kitchen truly smelled like pot roast when we walked in but were surprised to find that this dish has no meat in it whatsoever. Instead it is comprised of things like potatoes, beets, cabbage, kidney beans, carrots and onions. I was just as surprised as everyone else that with a dollop of sour cream this bowl was actually a tasty treat. Everyone was required to try at least there bites, no matter how hard it was to get those veggies down. Almost everyone cleaned their bowls and then several of the staff came in and enjoyed a few bowls themselves.
Thanks again, Clint, for providing this treat for our class to try.

We are currently studying the continent of Africa so if there are any other brave students who want to try an African recipe, be my guest!!

No comments:

Post a Comment