Friday, January 6, 2017

Economics Persuasive Essay Writing...

On Thursday, January 5th, my Economics class was assigned to write an outline for their chosen persuasive essay topic. I had planned for us to watch a debate featuring Lisa Peng, for whom our award is so aptly named for. This award will be given to one student who applies themselves to persuading their classmates in whatever topic they are assigned. Out of all my classes I admit that this is my favorite award to give!

So while you're wandering around your house today not sure what today on this glorious snow day, I've included the video we were originally going to watch in class today. Your job is to pay close attention to the opening speeches from both the negative and affirmative sides and to compare them to the information we've been studying in class these last few days about the art of persuasion.

Now here is an incentive for you: if you watch this video and leave me a comment below you will earn +5 Bonus Points on the persuasive essay you are reading in class on Monday, January 9th. And yes, your essay is still due on Monday and will be a TEST Grade. Remember you are only reading your essay to the class...nothing else. I will want to see both your outline and your written essay. There is no required length to your essay but you must be persuasive!

No comments:

Post a Comment